Medic Supply Ship m/s Ruach, Papua New Guinea
Master Mariner (STCW II/2 Master Unlimited) with a Sea Captain degree from the Stockholm Maritime Academy in 1979. Have since then hold various officer postions on vessels up to 130.000 tdw in the Atlantic, Mediterranean, Pacific, Arctic, Antarctic, Caribbean and Latin American trades incl 19 Transatlantic crossings, four passages of Cape Horn and nine of the Panama Channel.
Holding all relevant STCW training incl GOC GMDSS, ECDIS, CCM, SSO, BRM, STCW V 4.4 Polar Advanced, Antarctic IAATO and Pilot Exemption Certificate (PEC) for Svalbard. Thorough experience from yachts and expedition vessels incl. navigation in polar waters above latitude N80 and below S60. Swedish nationality (ref log book)
Documented ISPS and ISM skills incl. the production of Safety Management Procedures and Manuals for three shipping companies.
Am a hands on and hardworking team player. Was recently voted as the Team Player of the Year in the Swedish TV version of Survivor (Expedition Robinson) 2022 - ref Survivor.
Solid management skills. A representative appearance and an entrepreneurial mindset. Fluent in English (have been living 4 years in UK). Speak some German (6 years studies) and Spanish (have lived one year in Venezuela). .
For the last couple of years, I have mainly served as Captain and Chief Officer on Expedition vessels from the Arctics to the Tropics. At the time of writing (August 2023) I serve as Captain on the expedition vessel m/v Polar Pioneer.
Also experienced when it comes to onboard entertainment, being a semi-professional musician/saxophone player - ref Musician.
CERTIFICATE OF COMPETENCY(CoC):
Master STCW II/2 Master Unlimited
STCW AND PROFFECIENCY CERTIFICATES:
Type Exp. date
Antarctica IAATO Unlimited
Basic Training 27 Jan 2028
Bridge Resource Management (BRM) Unlimited
Crowd and Crisis Management (CCM) 29 May 2028
ECDIS (Furuno & Transas specific) Unlimited
ENG1 Health Certificate 10 Oct 2025
Engineer Officer Class VIII Unlimited
Firefighting, Advanced 27 Jan 2028
GOC GMDSS 01 Mar 2025
Medic Care 02 Feb 2028
Medical First Aid Unlimited
Polar advanced, STCW V4.4 18 Jan 2028
Ship Security Officer (SSO) Unlimited
Survival Crafts and Rescue Boats 27 Jan 2028
Svalbard Pilot Exemption Cert (PEC) 21 Jul 2027
BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE:
• Formal education: A Sea Captain Examination from the
Maritime Academy of Stockholm
• Medical training: Medical First Aid STCW. He has also carried out Medical Doctor Studies (Läkarlinjen/Medical
Doctor Programme) at Karolinska Institutet /
University Hospital, Stockholm, 1978-79)
• Familiarization: Many years experience from carrying out
crew familiarization and safety training
• Team player: Solid experience from working in knowledge-
based organizations and in tight teams
• Diving/water sports: Experienced diver (PADI
Advanced) and enthusiastic water-skier.
• Entertainer: Semiprofessional saxophone player
- Scuba Diving (PADI Adv. O/W) incl deep- and nightdiving
- Saxophone player
- Acting (movies and commercials)
- Travelling all over the World incl climbing the Longyear Glacier, Spitzbergen, canoeing up the Sepik River, Papua New Guinea, have encountered Polar bears in the Arctic and lived with Piaori Indians in the Amazonas, been deep diving at the German Navy War Grave at Scapa Flow, Orkney Islands, etc.
I like to barbeque amongst friends ("If we are not
supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?" - Homer Simpson). Can also hit a golf ball (..but is not as sure of where it ends up).
Hospital ship m/s Africa Mercy, W Africa
Expedition vessel m/y Togo, Arctics
Expedition vessel m/s Ulla Rinman, Arctics
Missile Carrier HMS R142 Ystad
Expedition vessel MV Polar Pioneer in